.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tribute to Gretzky

We lost our sweet boy Gretzky last week, he had thyroid cancer.  We know he is at peace now, no more coughing, no more pain, but that still does not ease the pain in our hearts.  He was more than a dog or pet, he has a member of our family for 13 years, since he was 6 weeks old. We miss him so much, he was such a big part of our lives.  He gave us such unconditional love and brought great joy to our lives.  He followed me everywhere, loved to give kisses and loved to tear up tissues.  He would turn over the trash can in the bathroom to get his treasured tissues.  When I bought a can with a lid, it didn't phase him because he learned to pull the toilet paper off the roll.  He would grab it and run to his bed, there he'd be chewing and tearing up the paper until something else caught his attention. 

We love you and miss you!  We will see you again by the Rainbow Bridge!

Poem

4 comments:

Allison Evans Brown said...

I'm glad you liked them!! The kit was fun to work with.

And I nearly cried reading your poem. It was so touching. I'm sorry to hear about Gretzky. But it sounds like he knew that he was loved. Pets do really become part of the family and I have the hardest time getting a pet because I remember the sorrow and pain when one of mine died growing up. It can be unbearable.

I wish you the best during this trying time.

Angie said...

I came over from Allie's blog and I read this poem. I cried like a baby. No one knows what its like unless they've had a dog of their own. I'm so sorry!

Bonnie Carter said...

My heart hurts for you. My little Ruffles is by my feet in front of a little heater and Alfie is behind me on the bed. Dandy is downstairs on his bed in the bathroom next to the register. Those Maltese love their laps and heaters. I couldn't imagine my life without any one of them. Alfie is almost 16. My prayers go with you as you grieve.

Shannon said...

(((HUGS))) I'm so sorry Lynn!