.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Black Bean Soup

In case you don’t know it, I love to cook. I also collect recipes. So I thought why not share my recipes, I have tons so that will keep this blog going for some time.

This time I am sharing are really easy “meatless” recipe. I don’t call it vegetarian because it uses Chicken Stock. Anyway, it’s Black Bean Soup, this recipe came from the newspaper and we just love it.

Black Bean Soup
2 – 15.5 oz cans Black Beans
2 – 14 oz cans Chicken Broth
1 cup Salsa
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro leaves, (plus a little extra for garnish)
1 teaspoon Cumin
2 cups Cooked Rice

Directions:
If you like a smooth soup, put ingredients in blender and pulse until smooth. We like a chunky soup so we skip the blender.
Place all ingredients in sauce pan, simmer until hot. I usually simmer while rice is cooking.
Place some rice in soup bowl, pour soup on top of rice. Garnish with Sour Cream and chopped Cilantro leaves and serve.

No comments: