.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day and a freebie

Memorial Day, it’s more than just a day off work!  Do you know why we celebrate?  (see below)

Wow, it’s been a long time since I posted!  No excuse, I guess life just got in the way.  Will you forgive me if I give you a freebie?  Here’s another QP from my Mother’s Love kit.

QP6

LP3-AML

Oh, KimB has a new mini CU grab bag in the store, hurry over and grab it, it’s only available this weekend, then it’s gone.

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 25 in 2009). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the civil war), it was expanded after World War I to include American casualties of any war or military action.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend!  Thank a veteran!

 

3 comments:

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Quick Page(s) post on May. 23, 2009. Thanks again.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 24 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Simply Sarah said...

Thank you for posting about the Holiday. If you want, stop by my blog where I am part of a blog hop for cards for heroes.

Stay safe!

http://iamsimplysarah.blogspot.com