.

Friday, January 04, 2013

Easy Bean Soup

I have always made my bean soup with dry beans and they would have to soak overnight.  I bought some canned beans and thought I’d experiment.
Everyone loved it!
  
Here’s the recipe.

Easy Bean Soup from Lynn

1 onion - chopped
1 cup chopped celery with some of the leaves
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp dry basil
Saute the all of the above ingredients in 2 TBS oil ( or bacon grease if you are from the south) until onions are translucent
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of Emeril's Original Essence seasoning** ( I love this stuff )
**here’s a recipe from Emeril to make your own Emeril’s seasoning
Add 1 can - 15 oz diced tomatoes   (if you want it spicier you could use salsa instead)
Let cook down for about 3 minutes
Add 1/2 cup petite diced cooked ham
Add 1 TBS bacon pieces (I used Oscar Mayer Bacon bits)

Add 40 oz can Great Northern Bean - including liquid
Add 15 oz can Pinto Beans - including liquid
Mix 2 beef bouillon cubes or granuals with 2 cups hot water and add to soup.
Simmer for 1-2 hours 
Enjoy!


Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

Polly Forns said...

Ooh, Lynn that looks great! I may have to actually try it!

Andrea said...

oooh thanks for the recipe! That looks & sounds delicious!!!! Mmm you're makin' me hungry now :)

GSCreations said...

Hi Lynn, ooooh love soups and yours is looking Scrumptious!!! Know what im making for dinner LOL!!! Love the no peeking on your new PU Grab bag LOL!!! Cant wait to see whats inside...