.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting settled back in

We are back in Florida and getting settled. Still a few things to unpack but I’m getting there.  It was 10 degrees when we left Ohio, brrrrrr, baby was it cold and snowy.  When we arrived back in Florida the sun was shining and it was much warmer, it was about 50 degrees.  But at night it got cold, freezing as a matter of fact!  There were several nights before we got back and a few after that got below freezing and our plants have suffered some damage.  The pony tail palms are all ok, but the pigmy palm, the foxtail palm and bougainvillea have some damage.  Last year the pigmy palm had some frost damage and it came back just fine.  I’m hoping the foxtail palm that we just put in last summer comes back this year.  Only time will tell!  Everyday we are here it gets warmer and warmer.  It was about 70 here today!

Here’s a few pics to show you the damage. All the leaves were bright green when we left in mid December, not brown!

P1010727

Bougainvillea with a few blooms on the back.

P1010730

Foxtail palm all brown from  freezing.

P1010731

Pigmy palm all brown.

P1010733

Notice the green in the middle, that’s some type of evergreen so it’s used to the freezing temperatures, but the Trinette (Umbrella plant) did not like the cold.   I think these plants will all come back good as new in the spring.  I sure hope so anyway!

I’m going to try my best to be a better blogger.  I’m going to try to blog almost everyday!  But sometimes my life is just so boring, I don’t know what to write, so forgive me it it gets a little boring!  

Later!

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: