.

Friday, February 05, 2010

Cookies and a little story

Yesterday I made some yummy peanut butter cookies,  they were good, but I’m still looking for that perfect recipe.  I’m looking for a cookie that’s a little crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  If you have a favorite recipe you would like to share, I’d love to try it!

P1010748

Next week I’m going to try a recipe Bunny gave me last night.  I’ll let you know how they turn out.

 

Story for Today – My good friend Diane emailed this little story to me today and I thought I’d share it with you.

When I was a kid, my  mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now
and then. And I remember  one night in particular when she had made
breakfast after a long, hard day at  work.
On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a  plate of eggs, sausage and
extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I  remember waiting to see if
anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for  his biscuit, smile at my mom
and ask me how my day was at school. I don't  remember what I told him that
night, but I do remember watching him smear  butter and jelly on that
biscuit and eat every bite!
When I got up  from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom
apologize to my dad for  burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he
said: "Honey, I love  burned biscuits."
Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night  and I asked him if he
really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his  arms and said, "Your
Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real  tired. And besides - a
little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"
Life  is full of imperfect things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the
best at  hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like
everyone  else.  But what I've learned over the years is that learning to
accept  each others faults - and choosing to celebrate each others differences -
is  one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and
lasting  relationship.
We  could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the
base of  any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship!
"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket - keep  it in
your own."
God Bless You......  Now, and Always....
So Please pass me a biscuit,  and yes, the burnt one will do just
fine.!.!.!.! 
Technorati Tags: ,,



2 comments:

Bunny Cates, bunnycates.com said...

my recipe is the one you are looking for g/f! LOL!!!

GSCreations said...

OOOOOOOOOHHHH Im looking for that recipe too lol!!! must say your biscuits look absolutely delicious!!!! Have a great weekend