.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We’ve got babies

I was trimming our bougainvillea out front and guess what I found tucked deep inside?  Baby birds…. three little babies, they are tiny and must have hatched recently.

P1020649

We’re hungry.

P1020648

Momma sitting on the nest. She picked a great place for a nest, the stickers should keep most prey away! 

xxP1020659

I think Momma is a Northern Mockingbird (Florida’s State Bird)

florida_state_bird

This made me smile today!  I hope you did too!

2010NEWsiggy

2 comments:

Diane said...

We live in Ctrl FL. I have the windows open right now & the bird song this AM is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! They are so beautiful!

D :)

Bunny Cates, bunnycates.com said...

awww... the only time I've seen babies is when they have fallen out of the nest, and then I am sad because I know whats going to happen to them. :(

Great pics!